Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Job rant!!! ( i cant get one!!) anyone in the same situation?

hi, this is a little rant over not being able to find a job and if anyone is in the same situation... i have applied to sooo many over the past month and have only had a whole 2 interviews. The biggest annoying thing is the online application forms, it takes about an hour to fill them in and in about 2 hours i get an email back saying ';sorry you are not what we are looking for'; (well how would you know when your questions are pointless!!)





is anyone else struggling to find a job and getting annoyed with these! because i am!!





i loved to hear your stories as im losing the will to live filling out these applications!!





JodieJob rant!!! ( i cant get one!!) anyone in the same situation?
there are 15 million other unemployed people out there - I have suffered job losses thru several recessions in teh past 30 yrs - this is the first one I have survived - sign up for temp work if it is available in your desired field and look for an evening/weekend part time jobJob rant!!! ( i cant get one!!) anyone in the same situation?
Bitter truth - If you are getting the rejection within couple of hours of applying then you are not doing a great job of matching your skill set to the desired skills.





I had to apply for close to two hundred jobs, most of these resulted in rejections, but these rejections came after some time. Sometimes I was lucky to get to the 3rd or even 4th stage of the process, then got rejected. I learned from these rejections and found areas to improve and worked on them.





I have recently accepted best out of three offered graduate jobs.





It might sound patronising but the job market is not all that gloomy, one just needs to adjust accordingly.





Good Luck!
You should use your own initiative and look in Yellow Pages or your local paper for the types of companies who you would like to work for and then write to them. They may not be taking people on at the moment, but a nice letter to the Personnel Department or General Manager enclosing a CV describing your work experience and what you are looking for is more likely to elicit a reply than spending hours filling in forms online. Remember, if you are a company looking to replace someone who has left, then the job description is going to be what that particular person did. Nobody does the same job the same way so it's quite possible that you will do it better than your predecessor. You will do it differently anyway. Writing direct, in your own words rather than just filling in the blanks on a standard form is going to get you at least read. You may not get a job from it, but it's likely they'll keep you on file for the future as you will have shown them that you aren't just one of the 'herd' and will show a bit of character.
Yes! It's hard to put up with these employers sometimes. I've been looking since the end of March.


Had a phone interview Monday with a HR person. We went line by line down what the qualifications where for the job. I met or exceed every item listed for the job qualifications. I'm 100% qualified. So she said, ';I'll send you paperwork over to the hiring manager';. Wednesday I get a email from HR stating that they are looking for someone more closely meeting their job qualifications and will not be interviewing me. I'm thinking WHAT! How can you get any closer? Most likely it was a job for an internal hire that they posted to stay legal. You'll find that about 80% of jobs posted on these internet sights are for internal hires and they never intended to hire from the outside.
Yep. The economy sucks. Nobody is hiring. The competition is fierce...a ton of people are out of work.


And I hate filling out a friggin' job application...most of them are ridiculously useless.
The questions they are asking are obviously not pointless as it weeds out the people who don't meet their expectations.


There is a technique to filling in application forms which means reading the questions and understanding what they want.


Only give information asked for don't add anything of your own and grammar is very important.


I found when I was looking for a job my local Jobcentre were great at offering advice regarding this sort of thing.


Good luck with the job search.
i'm with you. i went down to job and family services and asked about this one job and they told me, for that job their looking for migrants. they can't do that, can they?! i worked at the same job for 10 years, so i have no experience with anything. i was forced to quit because i wouldn't put out. no proof so i can't get anywhere with it. our mcdonalds isn't even hiring. your not the only one. alot of people are hurting for employment (money). it would be nice if something would turn around. SOON
I am in a horrible area where the spvsr and co worker chat all day and I mean that- but I do have a job...good luck- hope you find something soon.
Try getting your CV and Covering Letter professionally done so that your key skills stand out.





Try taking a low paid job for this moment in time. You would be surprised how more employable you seem to employers when you have demonstrated that you have been able to a get a temporary job in this economic climate.





If you have a degree that make this stand out on your CV. Your Covering Letter also helps to show employers why your the best for the job, so if you have excellent computing skills then state that.





Tell them what your strengths are, what you are good out, what sets you apart from others and in your CV highlight your responsibilties and duties.
Hi, been out of work since March 5th, 25 years experienced executive assistant and no job yet! I have sent in literally 1000's of resumes, have received about 3 phone calls for interviews, Great, they are only paying $10.00/hour. This is so frustrating, how do these companies think people, especially single people are suppose to live on less than $400 a week! So after much turmoil, I bit the bullet and went back to school for my associates degree in Health Care. I figured that there will always be sick people in the world!





Good luck, try to keep positive!
I have been unemployed for about a year now, and find the same frustrations you do with the job search. Most of the applications I send in I never hear anything back from, at least they could do us the courtesy of sending rejection emails/letters/etc. with specific reasons why we are not being considered!! I even had one job interview that went well and everyone I spoke with at the company told me I would be a ';great fit'; for the position, and I never heard back from the company! I have applied for things in my industry, and anything I have ';transferable skills'; for. I have applied for things I am qualified, under-qualified, and over-qualified for. Still no real luck. I have had to take a couple part-time jobs for some income, but even those are difficult to find (and I am still looking for an early morning part-time job with no luck). The worst part are the staffing services who seem to have control over almost all of the posted positions online, and who take a big fee for using their placement services (either from the companies or directly from the workers), plus everyone I have talked with who has used one of those agencies has had a negative experience.
  • free makeup
  • laser cartridges
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment