Thursday, July 29, 2010

Are you a christian? why or why not? longest rant wins my soul?

I used to be when I was a young child and thought that Christianity was the only religion ever. Then I realized it wasn't, so I studied as many as I could. Than I realized if so many people had so many different opinions, none of those opinions could be truth, because if one of them was, than everyone would accept it. Than I sat, thought about religion, and god, and how everyone is born equally, and deducted that my intrinsic knowledge of god must be equal to that of everyone else's, and it was little more than something out there must exist, and nothing more, that is definable in words. So I realized to accept my ignorance, and live my life without my focus being on how I am alive. Now I'm a nontheist and much more happy and secure in myself than I ever was when I followed a religion.





How'd I do? Do I own your soul yet, cause I really want to add another to my collection.Are you a christian? why or why not? longest rant wins my soul?
No. Because I do not believe in what the religion teaches or in their god.Are you a christian? why or why not? longest rant wins my soul?
yes. cuz I am. got a problem with that, fool?
I AM A CHRISTAN AND I DON'T WANT YOUR SOUL DON'T SELL YOUR SELF CHEAP GIVE IT TO YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR AND YOU WILL BE RICHLY BLESSED.
I used to be but I'm not anymore because I believe people made religion up to have something to hope on when they're having hard times
Yes I am and I don't have to ';rant'; about it. I'm not trying to win your soul or anyone else's. My relationship is between me and God and that's all that matters.
You can't give or sell something you don't own. ;-)


Cheers!
I'm not because my I was born a Muslim. However, I am mainly agnostic, though I will always keep some Muslim aspects with me.





I don't WANT to be a Christian because, duh, I'm Mus-nostic. But I respect the religion.





I just don't see how some guy (Jesus) can ';save'; people when he's dead, or whatever happened that day.
Christians aren't out to win your soul, Jesus is. Good thing too because only he knows you well enough and loves you deep enough to be worthy of it.





And that's why I'm a Christian.
F.U.
I'm Christian. I have many reasons. The most important reason is: God is the one and only god. If you read the Bible, you'll find that it makes much more sense then any other religion. Trust me on this one. Even a dollar bill agrees with me. Every dollar bill says, ';in God we trust';. Check my source. It will be worth your time. Don't just give your whole life to just anything. Think this through real well. Remember this: if you choose the wrong religion, you will end up in a bad place. Good luck.
No, I'm not. Religion was shoved down my throat when I was a child/teenager and I hated it forcing people doesn't convert them.


Take your soul and do what you want with it.
Yes I am a Christian. Why I became one I don't know. I was 4.


Why I am one... because its true and it makes sense and because I love Jesus sooo much I would hate to say he doesn't exist and give him the pain of rejection.


But I'm not going to rant and rave and make up logical arguments, because they won't work. Its called the leap of faith and in the end you're going to have to believe in Jesus, not in me.
yes im born again


REPENT AND BE SAVED SINNER....LOL IS THAT GOOD??
13 answer so far as I write this. Isn't it amazing how difficult people seem to find it to justify their views? Some Christians believe you have to believe certain things or you'll go to hell! But beyond that they aren't able to explain--or even speak intelligently--about why those things are important to them. Maybe they never really thought about it for themselves! 8^O





I am not Christian myself, I was raised Jewish but I see that as more of a cultural heritage than a system of beliefs. But I can understand Christianity because I live in a Christian nation and Christianity is one of the bases of all of western culture.





Abrahamic religions are all based on Judaism, and Judaism is not so much a system of obligatory beliefs as it is a system of moral/ethical principles. It is based on the belief in a supreme being, but I think it's natural for people to want to believe in a supreme being, it is part of human nature. Recognizing this makes me more tolerant of other religions. I believe everyone should have the right to believe whatever seems reasonable to himself.





Christianity is very diverse, I mean there are many different kinds of Christians to believe different things. But one of the most common and, I think, most unfortunate beliefs is that religion is all about -salvation-, in other words that this life is only an opportunity to prepare for the next one. And, also unfortunate (IMHO) is the idea that there are certain obligatory doctrines, things you -must- believe to be saved. I find a lot of people believe that these doctrines are obligatory and so they subscribe to them, they say they believe them and they even convince themselves that they believe them, often without really understanding them or being able to explain them beyond quoting a few pat 'slogans'.





The problem (again, this is all still my own observation) is that doctrines trump morals and ethics. So long as you believe these things, it doesn't matter how you behave. And it doesn't matter if you miss opportunities to enjoy -this- life, to be of use to others, to grow and learn, and just to have FUN, because your eyes are on the NEXT life, which is completely vague and indefinable.





And, from my own admittedly innocent reading of the New Testament, this is not at all what Jesus taught. Jesus was JEWISH! He believed in moral/ethical behavior, and his biggest lesson was that we should be useful to one another, help one another, look out for one another. Love they neighbor, love thy enemy, love EVERYONE!





I have my own ideas about how this message was twisted and corrupted over the years, having more to do with politics than with faith. I could write 10,000 words about it and win your soul. 8^) But I will just say that this is obvious to anyone who reads and listens and thinks about it. Anyone professing to be a believing Christian, I think it is incumbent upon him, his religious duty, to read the teachings of Jesus in the New Testament for himself and compare/contrast with the Jesus he's been taught about.





And (clever segue here to my concluding point). And so should YOU. You should examine your beliefs. You should read various interpretations and commentaries, and pick up pieces here and there that sound reasonable to you. And you should hold onto your soul, you might need it later. 8^)
No I am not a christian, and I have far too many souls laying around here anyway.
Nope. I'm a proud Catholic. Most Mexicans are usually Catholic so I guess that's why.
No real Christian wants your soul. We aren't into performing for you either.





Your soul belongs to the devil until you repent and receive the gift of salvation that comes only through Jesus Christ and the blood He shed on your behalf.
Yes and no. I don't want your soul. You can keep it.
Ok I'll bite





And yes I borrowed this.... thus the copyright info at the bottom.








Why Atheism? by Mark Thomas





Hello. My name is Mark, and I’m an Atheist because there's no reliable evidence for any god, or even for Jesus.

















History and Development of Science and Scientific Naturalism











Let’s start with a quick experiment. You can grab three coins and actually do the experiment, or just do a thought experiment.





Drop one coin and watch it fall. Do this again. Hold out the third coin.





If you were to do this again, what do you think would happen? If you could get ten good Christians to pray that this next coin wouldn’t fall, would it still fall? How about one thousand faithful Muslims? How about one billion people of any faith? I think that it would still fall. Drop the third coin.





Our understanding of the world around us, and our abilities to predict what will happen are based on naturalism — the basis of science. Naturalism is how all people live their lives most of the time.





OK, let’s just do a thought experiment. If you were to take two coins and glue them together, then drop them at the same time as you drop a single coin, would they fall twice as fast as the single coin? Aristotle thought so 2300 years ago, and for over 1900 years, his ideas were what was taught about this and many other subjects. Some of the other ancient Greeks had many ideas that are now a basis for modern science, engineering, math, philosophy, and democracy. Unfortunately for humankind, these ideas were largely forgotten for almost two thousand years while religion took control and Aristotle was revered as the source of supposedly scientific knowledge.














Galileo and Empirical Science


Around 1600, Galileo had a new idea for his culture. He decided to do something that now seems like common sense — to actually test the idea of what we now call gravity. He reasoned that two weights held together would fall at the same rate as one weight. Then he did experiments to test the idea — and, not surprisingly to us, it was true. This was the start of modern empirical science, and our collective understanding of the universe hasn’t been the same since.


“Empirical” is a word that I'll be using a lot. It refers to ideas that are capable of being verified or disproved by observation or experiment. Empirical evidence is not simply one type of evidence, but rather it is the only evidence that we can rely on, because it is reproducible. Empirical evidence is the basis for physical science.





Galileo also took the new invention of the telescope, refined it, and used it to look at the night sky. He was astounded. On the moon he could see mountains and valleys. It wasn’t just some strange heavenly object; it was probably made out of the same stuff as Earth. In 1609 Galileo looked at Jupiter and discovered that he could see four moons. If moons orbited Jupiter then not everything orbited the Earth, as the Catholic Church taught. Astronomy made more sense if the theories of Copernicus were true, and the Earth and planets orbited the sun. This was what Galileo taught, and in 1616 he was subject to the Inquisition. They banned him from teaching this idea, which was opposed to the true faith and contrary to Holy Scripture. However, Galileo later got permission from the pope (a friend of his) to write a book, as long as the Church's ideas and Galileo's were given equal weight. Galileo's book did not treat the two ideas equally, of course, so he was called to Rome in 1632 by the Catholic Church’s Inquisition, and told to recant his heretical ideas.





This was no “simple request” by the Church. The Inquisition had already executed Galileo’s friend Giordano Bruno. Have you heard of him? In 1600, the Christian authorities in Rome took him out of the dungeon he had been in for eight years, drove a nail thru his tongue, tied him to a metal post, put wood and some of his books under his feet, and burned him to death. Bruno’s crime was writing ideas that the Catholic leaders didn’t like — the Earth revolves around the sun, the sun is a star, there might be other worlds with other intelligent beings on them, Jesus didn’t possess god-like power, and souls can’t go to heaven. For these heretical ideas, the Catholic Church punished this brilliant man with an agonizingly slow death.





Bruno was not the only man executed by the Christians for heretical ideas. Another was Italian freethinker Lucilio Vanini, who suggested that humans evolved from apes. In 1618 he was tried in France and found guilty of Atheism and witchcraft. He had his tongue cut out, he was hanged, and his body was burned — as was customary with all heretics. Six years later the French Parlement even decreed that criticism of Aristotle was punishable by death, and many heretics continued to be burned.





Galileo no doubt knew what he was up against. For the crime of heresy the Inquisition could put him in a dungeon, torture or even execute him. So, after a long trial, this proud 70 year-old man obediently got on his knees and dutifully recanted. But even after recanting, he was still sentenced to house arrest for the rest of his life. The Catholic Church officially condemned heliocentrism 31 years later, when Pope Alexander VII banned all books that affirmed the Earth’s motion. However, even as powerful as the Church was, they could not hold back the tidal wave of scientific discovery. The Church eventually lost its battle over our view of the universe, but it only took them over three hundred years to admit it. In 1992, after 12 years of deliberations, they grudgingly noted that Galileo had been right in supporting the Copernican theories. Even then, they ascribed his genius to God, “who, stirring in the depths of his spirit, stimulated him, anticipating and assisting his intuitions.” But no such reprieve has been given for Bruno. His writings are still on the Vatican’s list of forbidden texts, and Pope John Paul II refused to even apologize for the Catholic Church's torture killing of Bruno.





Galileo and others started something big — empirical science. Thru science, we have come to a good understanding of the workings of the world and universe around us. The weather, lightning, thunder, the planets and stars, disease, and life itself all function based on fairly well understood principles. God doesn’t control them; the physical properties of matter and energy do. This principle is at the center of naturalism — the idea that only matter and energy exist, and they have properties that are repeatable, understandable, and quantifiable within the limits of quantum mechanics. We take this idea so for granted that we typically don’t realize that it is based on several articles of faith. This faith, however, is quite different from religious faith. This faith is based on past experience and results. It is the faith that:





There is an external world that exists independently of our minds.


There are quantifiable natural laws that describe how things happen in this world, and we can attempt to understand them.


These natural laws won’t change when we’re not looking; the universe isn’t totally chaotic.


So far, this faith has been well founded, as shown by the amazing accomplishments of modern science, engineering and medicine.











God of the Gaps, or Argument From Ignorance


Until just a couple of hundred years ago, most people thought that a god or gods controlled everything. Why did the wind blow? Why was there lightning and thunder? Why did the sun, moon, and stars apparently go around the Earth? Why did someone get sick and die? Why did anything happen? Well, obviously, God did it. If a person doesn’t know how something works or why something happened, they can say, “God did it.” This is known as the “god of the gaps,” or the “argument from ignorance,” and it is at the heart of the conflict between science and religion. Science looks for natural causes, while religion looks for supernatural causes. Science is steadily winning, because as we understand more and more about the universe, the gap where God might function grows smaller and smaller. Every time we learn more, God has less room to operate. When we learned what caused the sun to apparently move across the sky, there was no need for the Greek god Helios and his chariot. When we understood what caused lightning, there was no need for the Greek god Zeus, the Roman god Jupiter, or the Norse god Thor.


In fact, the understanding of lightning was one of the first areas of battle between science and Christianity. When Ben Franklin discovered that lightning was just a big electric spark, he invented the lightning rod. It was enormously successful at preventing buildings from being struck by lightning. However, this caused a bit of a conundrum for the church leaders; should they trust in their god to prevent lightning strikes on their churches, or should they use these new lightning rods? Up until then, lightning hit churches much more frequently than other, more “deserving” buildings — such as taverns or houses of ill repute. “Why was that?” they might have wondered. Could it be that churches had spires and were taller, or was it SATAN and his WITCHES? …… Actually, that is what they often believed, and many a supposed witch was executed for having caused the destruction of a church. When they started putting lightning rods on churches, witch killings stopped soon thereafter. However, the obvious fact is that they were putting their trust in science and lightning rods, not religion and prayer.














Why God(s)? Why Not?


The idea of an all-controlling, caring supernatural god is a very attractive one. It can make our mortal lives seem less frightening, more comforting. Somebody’s in control and won’t
Your name dicribes some of the answer givers. o' man. I am so far from a christian that the devil swaer he has me but he does not. I'd like to think that everything happens for a reason and that there is not a one man in history that is perfect. One whom which had the most divine power and his name can be broken down into seperate meanings. Your soul is the only existence of what is left of the living god amongst us, so i wouldn't just go giving it away for answers or senseless rants. Cherishing that mark that makes you who you are and act the way you do is the true act of a soul, that which is unexplainable as some who believe in a living organism that is god...it is you. All that you will ever need to establish is a connection with your soul and ask him...... and ye shall recieve. Praise Be To The Existance of a formless guidance that dwells in us all.
I am because:


1) It makes the most sense


2) It's the most practical


3) It's changed my life.





I'm very concise.
Yes I am.


Because I want to be one, now and forever..


I don't want your soul...I got all I can do to keep mine...for God's service...


Best wishes...
yes
Yes. Because Jesus Christ saved me from my sins %26amp; a 1yr breakdown, %26amp; a tobacco habit, etc. I am made the righteousness of Christ since I had received His atonement for my sins.





Rants don't win souls. Hearing the Gospel preached does. And Jesus shed blood is what saves us from our sins.





http://www.fathersloveletter.com


http://www.billygraham.com


http://www.riveroflifefellowship.org


http://www.joelosteen.com
ur proof of ur name xD





jk atheist, not christian because no reason for it
Yes, cause.
I'm not a Christian anymore, mainly because of Christians.





I guess I won't win, but that's it in a nutshell. ;)
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah b blah blah blah blah blah blah lah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah b blah blah blah blah blah blah lah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah b blah blah blah blah blah blah lah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah b blah blah blah blah blah blah lah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah b blah blah blah blah blah blah lah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah b blah blah blah blah blah blah lah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
REAL Christians do not rant. They love.
omg i totally want your soul!!!








not


keep it please














just start your own religion, you can make yourself god or whatever you want, and there aren't any stupid rules you don't like. it's a winwinwin situation, you win because you have a religion, you win because you can be god and people have to worship you (or whatever you decide), you win because you make all the rules.





do it man, maybe i'll join

No comments:

Post a Comment