Thursday, July 29, 2010

Listen to me rant?

Why is it that celebrities can pick and choose kids from other countries to adopt, when there are American children with the same problem? What makes other countries' kids so special? Do these celebs hate the country that has made them so famous that much? It's great that they are adopting kids-I only want to know why aren't they adopting America's children. Is it not ';hot'; right now? If I had the ability and money to adopt I would and I assure you it would be an Amercian child. Lash out at me now if you'd like. I just wanted to get it out.Listen to me rant?
I guess the media likes it when celebrities go out of their way to adopt a kid. Makes the people seem better than they actually are. That, and maybe the celebrities like the plane rides.Listen to me rant?
Reverse it. Why would it be better or more acceptable to adopt American children when there are many non-American children to adopt?





See?





Probably not.





The designation of American versus non-American is arbitrary, as both groups are equal in their need for adoption. Irrelevant nationalism disguised as disingenuous outrage is always so easy to spot.
i dont think thats fair. there are kids all over and parents that cant have kids should be able to adopt from whereever they want. now, i'm sure celebs are doing to to look good, but i know many parents who've addopted out side of the US.





my mom's friend addopted two children from sumantra, one with a disability too (sisters) and had one child from russia i believe that she had gotten before that (this is going back about 12-15 years now.)


and one of my customers at work have addopted 2 kids from russia (about 5 years apart)





all of the kids need help. i might be wrong about this, but i feel that out of ALL the kids that need to be adopted, the american ones probably have the most already, just think of these third world countries where they cant even get clean water, shouldnt people save them too???
I know what you mean and understand, but you gotta remember if they adopt a child from America, the biological parents can say ';hey I want to be a part of my child's life now'; and that's not cool. It's just a matter of fact. They can't afford to put a child through that kind of negative situation much less themselves.
It's not just celebrities that do that. Free will allows us all to make choices. Why pick American kids over cambodian kids anyway? What would be your objective rationale for that?

No comments:

Post a Comment