Sunday, August 22, 2010

Do you actually only give 4 stars? (rant)?

I always give 5/5 stars, unless there was only one answer to choose from and it was the dumbest answer ever.





I just got a 4/5 star for my best answer, and I was curious as to what the he11 I could have done to get 5/5. I am having major flashbacks to high school.





Who does that?? Who gives a 3/5 or 4/5. Goody goodies thats who. They were probably the kids in high school that would turn you in for cheating off your friends paper. Well I don't like it one bit. When I take the time to make it ';best answer material'; I should receive my full 5 stars. End of story.





Thank you for reading my rant, and please do proceed to answer with your sometimes snide, sometimes 5 stars helpful answers.





QUESTION:





*Are you shiesty with the amount of points you give? If so, why?





* If you are not, do you ever wonder why the he11 people are?Do you actually only give 4 stars? (rant)?
I give 5/5. I am always amazed that anybody would even read my ?'s much less answer them. I think it is SHI*TY to give 4/5. One time I got 3/5 and it actually hurt my feelings.Do you actually only give 4 stars? (rant)?
Oh, you gotta really blow me away to get that 5th star.
I will always give 5 out of 5 for an answer i think is excellent. I sometimes think the answer is less than excellent though.
Come on, 4/5 isn't bad! I do give 4/5s and certainly don't mind getting them.





My system:





If all answers are really bad, and I have to choose one, then 3/5.





If an answer is on the mark, but is like a one liner, then 4/5.





If the person answers the question, but also gives additional information, clarification, items of interest, etc, then 5/5.





I don't see giving 4/5 as a punishment, rather, I see giving 5/5 as a reward for going the extra mile.





I agree that perhaps Yahoo should have used a better system, something like giving a star for answers that are especially helpful. Since we are stuck with what we have, this is the best way I can think of to reward those who go the extra mile.
I give people 5/5 if it's the best answer then they deserve it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment