Sunday, August 22, 2010

Religion Rant: Remove Stick from Bum?

Why, when I ask ';If you believe Adam and Eve existed, what color do you believe they were?'; do half the responders demand ';Why does it matter?!'; like I'm some sort of Aryan Nazi Princess?





I don't *care* what color Adam and Eve were, primarily because I don't believe they existed. The reason I asked is because I'm curious as to how the literalist Christians reconcile a rainbow's worth of races with the idea that we all came from two people. (Kudos, by the way, to the clever girl who said they didn't need to be both the same color. I hadn't thought of that.)





I honestly believe that it's gotten to the point where you can't even *mention* race, color, or nationality without everyone leaping up and down on you. It's frustrating. Anyway, thank you for reading this rant. Peace out! :-pReligion Rant: Remove Stick from Bum?
Ha, and I thought this was going to be about sex.





I think because anytime you get christians to consider the validity of their preconceived notions it is a Very Scary Thing to them. If you've ever been one, you might understand how scary it is. I think they react out of fear a lot when they have to think about things like this. They have been taught that it's dangerous to question things of that nature (and in reality, they've probably watched a few christians slide out of christianity just with that kind of ';thinking.';)





The default position that most christians take, when required to think is to question the questioner. ';Who are you to ask that? Isn't that racist'; etc. Or to answer a DIFFERENT question than the one you asked :)Religion Rant: Remove Stick from Bum?
The different colors that we all have comes more from the tower of babel. The people united and tried to build a tower up to God and become like Him.





He scattered them across the earth and also scattered their languages. that's where all the nationalities and cultures originated from. I also suspect the colors. It very well could have been that everyone skin adapted to the area they were living in, or God gave their skin the ability to endure wherever they were.





I suspect that the attack came from the fact that there have been a lot of racist comments on here and even racist questions and they can get kind of annoying after a while.





I have no idea what color adam and eve were, but I don't think it's a big deal. They were human just like the rest of us.
I think you should get the stick out of your bum. If you don't believe in them, what does it matter what color they are? I don't believe in Evolution's Lucy, so why should I care what color she was. Y'know what, I don't. I also don't care what color Adam and Eve were because it doesn't mean a thing.
It doesn't matter what color they were, because they didn't exist.
they were clear. when they ate the apple, it filled them woth pigment. the only reason they wore clothes was because of adam. he was embarassed over his endowment. as for all the other races? well, according to the ever popular work of fiction often refered to as ';the holy bible';, it happened when the tower of babyl was under construction. everyone was one race, and spoke one language. everyone was trying to hard to reach god, it made him nervous. so... in usual ';compassionate, loving, caring'; god fashion, he smashed the tower, scattered everyone all over the world, changed everyone's skin color, and gave them different languages. thus inspiring the creation of racism!! YAY GOD!!
I would also guess dark skinned. It makes the most sense to me, I mean no sunblock or anything.





And to answer someone else's comment, the different races were most likely an evolution of the individual races to be best suited for their particular area. Like people in Africa have oils in their skin to protect them from the sun. I believe that they evolved to that so that they could adapt to the harsh environment. I have no idea what white people would be best suited for, lol. I can't even go to the beach without coming back looking like a lobster.
I still think Erin is probably hot.
Yeah, I think the ';why does it matter?'; people are annoying. I used to get answers like that a lot when I was in high school and went to a church youth group. I like to ask questions about all the stuff in the Bible. But some people tend to get their guards up over it.





Personally, I just try to ignore them--though it is tempting to lash out at them, believe me I know. Anyone that narrow-minded has to be unable to appreciate the wonders and mysteries of life. Just imagine all that they must be missing out on.





Plus, asking questions is how you learn. So, when you look at it that way, who is better off? You or them?
Im a strange strange person, Im not christian, i believe there is about 5% truth in the bible if that, from what ive heard Adam and Eve were Egyptian (brown skin) and really they were Jehovah (Jesus father) and Gabriella (his wife which he killed recently), Im actually a Pagan that hears too much about the spirit realm. like i said i believe 5% of the bible holds truth, and that's where most of it stops making sense.
probably Jewish
I believe that Adam and Eve were 2 different colors. One probably being a light color, and the other a dark color. That way they were able to have mixed children. Wherever they moved their generations would change in color a little lighter or darker, depending on location. God's original plan was to have them live in the garden of eden, a paradise, not a desert. Later on after the flood God confused the language and seperated them also by their color and/or facial similarities.
A lot of fundies seem to believe that questioning anything written in the Bible is the equivalent of standing up, thumping your chest, and saying, ';Hail Satan! Destroy God and take over the universe and make me your number 1 servant!';
What ever color God wanted them to have probably a dark tan
even if you dont believe in Adam and Eve and you rely upon evolution, we still all come from the first 2 humans to evolve and reproduce. Meaning you still have the same question of what color were the first 2 humans. I personally believe that Adam and Eve were probably a dark tan color. The better question is do you think they had a belly button?
well nowadays when it comes to religion and culture and race everything has to be politically correct so it seems to me to be that way but anyway alot of people are taught not to question things when it comes to their religion that they should be faithful and obedient
Actually unless I've overlooked it it really never says their color. I think God created a lot of different races so that's why there so many different colors and origin.

No comments:

Post a Comment