Friday, August 20, 2010

Rant About July 4th, Anyone???

Okay, I love America and cherish all of my freedoms, but am I the only person in this country that dislikes July 4th?





Well, I have enough points to ask a question and I am going to rant about why I don't like Independence Day, so feel free to join if you like!





July 4th is not the same here in the city as it was when I was growing up in the country. We can't set off fireworks, there are really no small-town celebrations where you can get together with friends, and there just doesn't seem to be that ';patriotic spirit'; that I remember from my childhood in rural Oklahoma.





All of my friends are always out of town visiting family or working at different events. Every store in town is closed.





All I ever do on Independence Day is sit in front of the TV watching Twilight Zone marathon. Other than a grilled-out dinner, my day is ALWAYS dull! It is not relaxing or peaceful, just BORING!





I am thinking next year, I am just going to take a nice beachfront vacation somewhere. Is that wrong???Rant About July 4th, Anyone???
HAPPY 4TH!!! Thanks for the points!!Rant About July 4th, Anyone???
If I lived in a city where it was hard to find some of the more simple and traditional ways of celebrating July 4th, I swear I'd get in my car and make a road trip. I wouldn't spend any holiday alone unless I absolutely had to work. I guess I'm lucky because that isn't an issue.
I will rant with you, we just got home from a 4th of July Parade.





When the US Flag passed by we were the only people who stood and placed our hand over our heart out of repect for all that the flag represents.





You need to read the Declaration of Independence and refresh your memory of how oppressive the government of Great Brittian was in it's treatment of the colonies.





I thank God I live in America and governed by a government that protects our right to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.





I thank the men and women who have stood and are standing today against those who would take these freedoms from us. Those who felt that not only was it their right, but also their obligation to protect these rights.





I love this nation and our heritage. The 4th of July is a day to reflect on the freedoms we enjoy and of the great price it has cost American's throughout history to protect them.
You obviously forgot how to be happy.


I suppose you dislike christmas too?





What you need is a shitload of bad luck for the next few years so that one day you will feel happy just to have gotten yourself a place to sleep under a bridge and then you will feel like partying over finding a half eaten burger on the 4th of july...
I don't like The 4th because i lose some of my hearing to firecrackers
It's America's birthday,man. The Founding Fathers didn't make that day up for nothing.
my momma thinx im special.
How you choose to celebrate the Fourth of July is your business.


Whether you do it at the beach or in front of the tube, the meaning for the holiday doesn't change.
I with you buddy. Yeah it's starting to suck around here too.


Oh but here you can buy the firework, but you better not light them....Why the hell do they let people buy them then!!!!
I live in a small town and we still have the spirit around here. We have a ';get together'; on July 4th Eve and the town does a fireworks show and it's just a good time. I hate the Scifi Twilight Marathons!! Why don't they put something GOOD on for those that might be stuck at home!?
Sounds like a personal problem...everything is what you make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment