Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Lee Elia's rant 25 years ago today...this is hilarious. What's your favorite coach rant?

“I’ll tell you one (bleeping) thing, I hope we get (bleeping) hotter than (bleep), just to stuff it up them 3,000 (bleeping) people that show up every (bleeping) day. Because if they’re the real Chicago (bleeping) fans, they can kiss my (bleeping) *** right downtown – and print it!”


“The (bleepers) don’t even work. That’s why they’re out at the (bleeping) game. They oughta go out and get a (bleeping) job and find out what it’s like to go out and earn a (bleeping) living. Eighty-five percent of the (bleeping) world is working. The other 15 come out here.”


“So what I’m tryin’ to say is don’t rip them (bleeping) guys out there. Rip me. If you wanna rip somebody, rip my (bleeping) ***. But don’t rip them (bleeping) guys because they’re giving everything they can give. Once we hit that (bleeping) groove, it’ll flow. And it will flow.”Lee Elia's rant 25 years ago today...this is hilarious. What's your favorite coach rant?
That was a great one.





My favorite coaching rant is Jim Mora's ';Playoffs!!?!?!'; diatribe.





My favorite baseball coaching rant is Hal McRae of the Royals throwing the phone and desk set around his office while in his skivvies. I seriously think he was sauced at the time.Lee Elia's rant 25 years ago today...this is hilarious. What's your favorite coach rant?
are we digging for jabs at the Cubs EVERY DAY?





I'm gonna work up some La Russa drunk questions just for you.





I'm all for humor, i found it even funnier when he tried to sue because someone read it to his daughter.... the lawyer said good luck, you told them to print it
Braves Minor League manager Phil Wellman on June 1, 2007
In baseball I loved a few years back when Lloyd McClendon stole first base and took it home with him! CLASSIC. A very under-appreciated moment in sports history.





-Dave


http://www.eSellOut.com
This is my favorite rant,as far as baseball is concerned. Imagine if they had youtube back then!!
LOL. I don't think anyone can be surprised of why Lou didn't bring him onto his coaching staff. What cracks me up is that Cubs fans still go up to Lee to this day and say, ';Hey Lee, just so you know - I have a job, it's just my day off.';





I read somewhere that he has a ';new rant'; on an audio-clipped baseball for sale full of nice words for Cubs fans. I guess he figures if people are still going to be talking about it 25 years later he might as well make a buck.





And just to get my Cardinals jab in here...I'm sure we'd have some great Tony LaRussa rants if we could only decipher the drunken slurring.
After a game that the Dodger's lost Tommy Lasorda got asked what his thoughts or feelings were about Dave Kingman (who had hit three home runs that day) Lasorda answered with so much candor and emotion that it was classic. He was incredulous that the reporter was even asking and his response was facetious. I'm badly paraphrasing the quote now but it went like this, ';What are my feelings about Dave (bleeping) Kingman? He's a (bleeping, bleeeeeeeeeeep)'; Which he then continued to repeat for emphasis sake and this went on for about two full minutes. He ended with a kind of contrite statement about how he felt so bad about having lost the game the way they did and then be asked *that* sort of question.
  • free makeup
  • blackhead treatment
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment