Sunday, August 22, 2010

Questions for women who have had an abortion (no I'm not going to rant)?

Only women who have had abortions answer, please. This is not a moral issue on abortion itself, my question and concern is for the women.





On most abortion boards, I've been noticing some hostility when it comes to the topic of abortion. Let me say first off that I am Pro-Life, but it is hard not to notice the animosity between both parties. From my viewpoint, I am not liking how the women who have had abortions are being portrayed. And I would like to be the first to apoligize for my neggative comments as well, if they were taken personally. Now my question:





Do you feel that you are persecuted because of your choice? Do you wish you had an abortion? What would have changed your mind? Did you feel that you that people were there to lend a hand to you? And instead of having a feeling of recovery (which is what most pro-lifers are supposed to do when dealing with a woman who has had an abbortion) did you feel that most people, including pro-lifers, were shunning you?Questions for women who have had an abortion (no I'm not going to rant)?
Its great to see that you are looking at both sides of the topic first of all.





Yes, i felt and still feel heavily persecuted for my decision to abort. I had very supportive family and friends, so i never had any problems on a personal note. But from the wider public (such as friends of friends and acquaintances) i was seriously knocked for my decision.





I dont ';wish'; that i had an abortion. It was one of the biggest decisions i ever had to make in my life, but it was the best path for me to take at the time. But no, i wouldnt have changed my mind. I did do and still believe that i made the right decision. As i said before, all my family were very supportive, and after the abortion process everyone was there for me physically and emotionally including my Partner.





But, in an every day environment in the general public i felt seriously shunned if the topic of abortion came up. I remember going out for drinks with my Hubby one night and we were sitting with a group of people that we hardly knew. They brought up politics and religion which i didnt have a problem with....but then the ';A'; word came up and all i did was sit back and listen. More than half of them were against it and i respect their point of view. But what ';got my goat'; was what they were saying about women that did abort...





They were saying ';they should be shot';, ';they dont deserve to live';, ';they have no morality';, ';you have to be a slut to abort';. My Hubby got up, took me by the arm and we went to another table because i was in tears.





They did figure out why I left the table and only 1 person came back to apologise to me. They have no idea how much it hurt. People are entitled to what they truly believe in....but no single person should ever be judged on past mistakes.





But you can learn from your past mistakes and use it in the future to make sure it never happens again. Of course, not all women learn and they end up using abortion as birth control. But for the many women that do abort and learn from it, abortion can be and sometimes is only the way out - whether it be for medical, personal or psychological issues.





Im never hostile with the pro life agenda and i realise that choicers can be just as bad at times. So i apologise for my own actions if they were ever bad to others. But no person deserves less life or respect for their own personal decisions. If there is a God, then only he can decide.Questions for women who have had an abortion (no I'm not going to rant)?
i had an abortion when i was 17. i felt at that time i made the right decision. i do think about what i did a lot, all way wonder what if. in the end i think that i made a good choice maybe not the right choice but a good one.


as for your question no i didnt feel prosecute it was my choice, i probably would have had the baby if it had been planed, i never really gave a care about the pro life whatever it is your talking about i did what was right for me at the time.
i had a abortion when i was 17.i already had one child that was1 yrs old.i was forced to have it.i became very depressed and started drinking really bad.and i dont really care what people think of me.i had to think about the child i already had.and the father wasnt gonna help me anyways.its not something i would do again.but of course im grown now and i can take care of my kids now too.but everyone has there own reasons for doing whatever.and no one should judge them because they dont know there reasons...

No comments:

Post a Comment